Skip to main content

Doc Rivers fires at Kristaps Porzingis, Marcus Morris, the latter baited him into execution

Doc Rivers fires at Kristaps Porzingis, Marcus Morris, the latter baited him into execution

Tensions between the LA Clippers of Doc Rivers and Dallas Mavericks of Kristaps Porzingis begin to heat up just one game into their first round playoff series.

Porzingis was ejected between the Clippers and Mavs from Monday night's Game 1, after picking up a second technical foul in an altercation with Marcus Morris. Porzingis explained his side of the technicalals after the 118-110 loss.

"I understand that we got into it a little bit and I saw him get into the face of Luka and I didn't like that," Porzingis said after the game. "That is why I have responded. That's a clever thing to do on their part and next time I just have to be cleverer and manage my emotions , especially on the first. I understand the second one, but the first one even though I think it was a clean block and they're probably going to call the tech every time to throw hands so I just have to be careful and not let my emotions get stronger.

The 7-foot-2 Latvian then appeared to take some jab on 'other guys' of the Clippers, claiming it was their job to get into the heads of the opponents.

Clippers news: Doc Rivers fires back at Kristaps Porzingis saying ...

"They gave us cause," continued Porzingis. "They insulted us, and I in particular. I should have been cleverer. I had a professional one already, which I didn't even have in mind. I wasn't, really, in this situation. It was good to grab Luka kind of, to get into his ear, to get a reaction from me. They have essentially got what they were looking for. I just needed to learn from that.

"What they do is this. That's their work, not their main guys but some of the other guys. That's part of their game, which we can't fall into. We have to be above that and this is it.

Those are the failures that you almost have to go through to obtain your experience and not make such mistakes in your career later on.

He did not think the altercation was much ado about anything to Marcus Morris' credit, and thought the ejection was unwarranted.

"Honestly , I didn't think it was much of nothing," Morris said or the postgame scuffle. "I think Luka thought I was, I guess, extra energetic or something, but if you look at the video, I didn't really do anything. I didn't think technical fouls were enough. I wish Porzingis had been playing because it's playoffs, man, no one should get thrown out in playoffs. I know their team really did hurt.

Not my fault but I felt it wasn't that bad.


Once told of the remarks from Porzingis, suggesting that the Clippers were trying to force the Mavericks into some form of altercation and poor decision, LA Clippers head coach Doc Rivers had none of that.

"It's funny, I've been to one of those meetings and I think somebody from the league said, 'You coaches, you're trying to play games with the refs,' Rivers said. "I am like, I never met a coach in my life before thinking about the game, Okay, that's what I need to do to get under their skin. No, I believe we've got some guys who are agitators. This is fine, I guess. Yet that wasn't on our game plan list I can assure you.

That is absurd. 'Alright, let's get him out'

Rivers proceeded to double down on his remarks from last night's game, claiming he disagreed with the decision to grant Marcus Morris and Kristaps Porzingis a technical over the minuscule altercation as well as the reaction technicals earlier in the season.

"I just didn't like it. If I guess I have a critique, I didn't think that [Paul George] should have a tech and I didn't think that Porzingis should have first tech.

"It was a simple thing of annoyance in some games that they do the punch. I just think that we have to — I don't know how you're judging that. If you are not doing one, then you are doing the other.

I guarantee you had to give his because, in the first row, they gave Paul his. I figured there was link between those first two techs. I just didn't like any of them either.

"It is tough in the defense of the officials because they are trying to control the game, the game's emotions. I do. I get it. It's a difficult job.'

The Clippers and Mavericks will play Game 2 at 6PM PST on Wednesday night of their first round series. You can be sure that Kristaps Porzingis will be trying to make an immediate difference in Game 2 after just 20 minutes of play in Game 1.

Popular posts from this blog

Study Abroad USA, College of Charleston, Popular Courses, Alumni

Thinking for Study Abroad USA. School of Charleston, the wonderful grounds is situated in the actual middle of a verifiable city - Charleston. Get snatched up by the wonderful and customary engineering, beautiful pathways, or look at the advanced steel and glass building which houses the School of Business. The grounds additionally gives students simple admittance to a few major tech organizations like Amazon's CreateSpace, Google, TwitPic, and so on. The school offers students nearby as well as off-grounds convenience going from completely outfitted home lobbies to memorable homes. It is prepared to offer different types of assistance and facilities like clubs, associations, sporting exercises, support administrations, etc. To put it plainly, the school grounds is rising with energy and there will never be a dull second for students at the College of Charleston. Concentrate on Abroad USA is improving and remunerating for your future. The energetic grounds likewise houses various

Best MBA Online Colleges in the USA

“Opportunities never open, instead we create them for us”. Beginning with this amazing saying, let’s unbox today’s knowledge. Love Business and marketing? Want to make a high-paid career in business administration? Well, if yes, then mate, we have got you something amazing to do!   We all imagine an effortless future with a cozy house and a laptop. Well, well! You can make this happen. Today, with this guide, we will be exploring some of the top-notch online MBA universities and institutes in the USA. Let’s get started! Why learn Online MBA from the USA? Access to More Options This online era has given a second chance to children who want to reflect on their careers while managing their hectic schedules. In this, the internet has played a very crucial in rejuvenating schools, institutes, and colleges to give the best education to students across the globe. Graduating with Less Debt Regular classes from high reputed institutes often charge heavy tuition fees. However onl

Sickening moment maskless 'Karen' COUGHS in the face of grocery store customer, then claims she doesn't have to wear a mask because she 'isn't sick'

A woman was captured on camera following a customer through a supermarket as she coughs on her after claiming she does not need a mask because she is not sick.  Video of the incident, which has garnered hundreds of thousands of views on Twitter alone, allegedly took place in a Su per Saver in Lincoln, Nebraska according to Twitter user @davenewworld_2. In it, an unidentified woman was captured dramatically coughing as she smiles saying 'Excuse me! I'm coming through' in the direction of the customer recording her. Scroll down for video An unidentified woman was captured dramatically coughing as she smiles saying 'Excuse me! I'm coming through' in the direction of a woman recording her A woman was captured on camera following a customer as she coughs on her in a supermarket without a mask on claiming she does not need one because she is not sick @chaiteabugz #karen #covid #karens #karensgonewild #karensalert #masks we were just wearing a mask at the store. ¿ o