Skip to main content

I smoke one cigarette a week': Gwyneth Paltrow the health fanatic





She famously espouses a healthy lifestyle and dedicated workout regime.


But it seems even Gwyneth Paltrow has her vices.


The 40-year old admitted she has tried Botox injections and allows herself one cigarette per week in the May issue of Harper's Bazaar U.S. edition.




Only human: Health fanatic Gwyneth Paltrow admits to trying Botox and allowing herself one cigarette a week in the May issue of Harper's Bazaar


When asked about her guilty pleasures, the actress, who recently penned a healthy eating cookbook, said:


'My one light American Spirit that I smoke once a week, on Saturday night.'


As for surgery, the actress said she would be 'scared to go under the knife,' although she admitted that may change as she gets older.


'I'll try anything. Except I won't do Botox again, because I looked crazy,' she said. 'I looked like Joan Rivers!'




Upping her game: The 40-year-old said she used to be 'bad' with products but now exfoliates every night


The star also admitted to stepping up her beauty routine in recent years.


'I really used to be bad with products, but I exfoliate every night and use a lot of organic oils,' she said, confiding that she is a Sonya Dakar fan.


She said she recently had the Thermage laser treatment, which she described as 'quite painful.'



Mixing it up: The star, who is currently promoting her new healthy eating cookbook, said she combines organic products with high-end treatments such as laser


'It feels like someone's smacking your face with a rubber band that has an electric shock in it,' she said. 'But I would do it again, because I feel like it took five years off my face.'


Gwyneth also spoke about the apparent contradictions in promoting a healthy lifestyle and organic products while at the same time indulging in high-end beauty treatments.


'I think it's a mix,' she said. 'You know, I use organic products, but I get lasers. It's what makes life, finding the balance between cigarettes and tofu.'




'Still going strong: Gwyneth, pictured in 2003, said her ten-year marriage to Coldplay frontman is 'good' but 'not always easy'


The actress opened about her ten-year marriage to Coldplay frontman Chris Martin, stating that the pair are 'growing into very similar people.'


'It's cool, it's good. It's not always easy, though!,' she added.


The star, who is already a mother to Apple, eight, and Moses, six, said she is considering trying for a third child, despite the big adjustment that would entail.


'But then you see a baby and you smell a baby!' she said. 'And you're like, "Yep, I do." I don't know. It's a very big decision, so we'll see. Anyway, I'm not doing it this month!'




Staying fit: The star credits her trainer Tracy Anderson, pictured in April, for getting her into such great shape


The star admitted to being at 'quite a pivotal point' in her life.


'Do I want to go back more into films? Do I want another child? Do I want to move back to the States?' she mused.


'You can call me a lot of things, but you can't call me complacent!' she added.

Gwyneth said she would like to try her hand at acting in an 'outrageous girl comedy,' which wouldn't require her to be in perfect physical shape like in the upcoming Iron Man 3.




'There are certain requirements, but luckily I have a good base because I work out often,” she says. 'I just had to not eat pasta and french fries the night before shooting– which I’m terrible at doing.'



Add to her brood: Gwyneth, pictured with Moses, six, and Apply, eight, said she would consider trying for a third child

It also appears Gwyneth doesn't hold back when it comes to her children.


To get through the freezing January temperatures in London, Gwyneth called it 'international month', and entertained Apple and Moses with a visiting Italian chef, Japanese anime screenings and hand-rolled-sushi lessons.


She admitted that the weather does bother her, and she hopes to move her family to their recently purchased Brentwood, California home sooner rather than later.


'Just to have my kids be in the sun every day - picking avocados, going for a swim,' she said. 'Even for two years or something, and come back when they go to senior school.'




California dreaming: Gwyneth, pictured in 2011, dreams of moving her family from London to Los Angeles so they can 'be in the sun every day'


When asked whose house most inspires her, the actress answered, 'my own.'


Gwyneth credited her new found confidence to pal Beyonce's husband Jay-Z:


'I don't hold on to fear as much as I used to, because I've learned a lot about genuinely not caring what strangers think about me,' she said.


'It's very liberating. It's very empowering, and I've learned a lot of that from Jay—Shawn Carter—Z, because his approach to life is very internal. It's a very good lesson to learn.'




'Mother hen': The actress, pictured on Wednesday, said she plays the role adviser to the women in her life


Gwyneth also admitted to enjoying her role as adviser to the women in her life, calling herself 'a bit of a mother hen.'


'I think that women, especially women in my job, come to me because they know I'm very loving and nonjudgmental and I'm not competitive, and I've been through a lot. And so they come round to talk about their stuff,' she said.


'I love it, and I feel that I have the most incredible women friends, some who are super famous, some who I've had since I was four years old. I love it that people will call me up and say, "What do you think about this?," because my dad was very much that person for everyone in his life. So I feel like I'm carrying on my dad's spirit in that way,' she said.



Old friends: Gwyneth appeared on television show The Chew with her good friend, chef Mario Batali, to be aired on Friday



Kitchen whiz: The actress demonstrated how to make a dish from her new cookbook It's All Good



Larking around: Gwyneth appeared to be having a ball as she laughed and joked with Maria during the segment

Bear hug: Maria couldn't resist giving the movie star a massive embrace during filming

Popular posts from this blog

Study Abroad USA, College of Charleston, Popular Courses, Alumni

Thinking for Study Abroad USA. School of Charleston, the wonderful grounds is situated in the actual middle of a verifiable city - Charleston. Get snatched up by the wonderful and customary engineering, beautiful pathways, or look at the advanced steel and glass building which houses the School of Business. The grounds additionally gives students simple admittance to a few major tech organizations like Amazon's CreateSpace, Google, TwitPic, and so on. The school offers students nearby as well as off-grounds convenience going from completely outfitted home lobbies to memorable homes. It is prepared to offer different types of assistance and facilities like clubs, associations, sporting exercises, support administrations, etc. To put it plainly, the school grounds is rising with energy and there will never be a dull second for students at the College of Charleston. Concentrate on Abroad USA is improving and remunerating for your future. The energetic grounds likewise houses various

Best MBA Online Colleges in the USA

“Opportunities never open, instead we create them for us”. Beginning with this amazing saying, let’s unbox today’s knowledge. Love Business and marketing? Want to make a high-paid career in business administration? Well, if yes, then mate, we have got you something amazing to do!   We all imagine an effortless future with a cozy house and a laptop. Well, well! You can make this happen. Today, with this guide, we will be exploring some of the top-notch online MBA universities and institutes in the USA. Let’s get started! Why learn Online MBA from the USA? Access to More Options This online era has given a second chance to children who want to reflect on their careers while managing their hectic schedules. In this, the internet has played a very crucial in rejuvenating schools, institutes, and colleges to give the best education to students across the globe. Graduating with Less Debt Regular classes from high reputed institutes often charge heavy tuition fees. However onl

Sickening moment maskless 'Karen' COUGHS in the face of grocery store customer, then claims she doesn't have to wear a mask because she 'isn't sick'

A woman was captured on camera following a customer through a supermarket as she coughs on her after claiming she does not need a mask because she is not sick.  Video of the incident, which has garnered hundreds of thousands of views on Twitter alone, allegedly took place in a Su per Saver in Lincoln, Nebraska according to Twitter user @davenewworld_2. In it, an unidentified woman was captured dramatically coughing as she smiles saying 'Excuse me! I'm coming through' in the direction of the customer recording her. Scroll down for video An unidentified woman was captured dramatically coughing as she smiles saying 'Excuse me! I'm coming through' in the direction of a woman recording her A woman was captured on camera following a customer as she coughs on her in a supermarket without a mask on claiming she does not need one because she is not sick @chaiteabugz #karen #covid #karens #karensgonewild #karensalert #masks we were just wearing a mask at the store. ¿ o