Skip to main content

Sandra Lee takes a seaside stroll in front of her $3.38m Malibu beach house after asking 'how am I going to rebuild my life?' on Instagram following move from New York home she shared with Gov. Cuomo

Celebrity chef Sandra Lee has been pictured taking a solo walk by her oceanfront home in Malibu for the first time since she revealed she has moved out of the New York home once shared with ex Governor Andrew Cuomo. 

On Friday, the 54-year-old took a barefoot seaside stroll with her mask and phone in hand after a busy week clearing out her former east-coast house for the move.    

Earlier this week, Lee opened up about her heartbreak on moving out of the house where she had lived for more than a decade saying, 'How am I going to rebuild my life?' 

Yet in further posts to Instagram she claimed she was ready 'to get back to me, or at least part of me' as she claimed that her 'feelings have been in storage for so long'.  

Lee moved to California shortly after her split with Cuomo, which was announced in September 2019, and snapped up her beachfront house in Malibu for $3.38million.

While the New York house had been placed on the market in May 2019, it only sold two months ago, leaving her straddling life in both coasts for more than a year but making the final move this week. 

Celebrity chef Sandra Lee has been pictured taking a solo walk by her oceanfront home in Malibu for the first time since she revealed she has moved out of the New York home once shared with ex Governor Andrew Cuomo, pictured above

Lee held her face mask and phone in her hands as she walked barefoot on the beach

Lee held her face mask and phone in her hands as she walked barefoot on the beach

Lee moved to California shortly after her split with Cuomo last yearCelebrity chef Sandra Lee has been pictured taking a solo walk by her oceanfront home in Malibu for the first time since she revealed she has moved out of the New York home once shared with ex Governor Andrew Cuomo, pictured above

Lee moved to California shortly after her split with Cuomo, which was announced in September 2019, and snapped up her beachfront house in Malibu for $3.38million and now plans to live here on the west coast

On Wednesday celebrity chef Sandra Lee, 54, opened up about her heartbreak after moving out of the Mt. Kisco, New York home she shared with Gov. Cuomo this week saying, 'How am I going to rebuild my life?'

On Wednesday celebrity chef Sandra Lee, 54, opened up about her heartbreak after moving out of the Mt. Kisco, New York home she shared with Gov. Cuomo this week saying, 'How am I going to rebuild my life?' 

On Wednesday the 54-year-old shared nostalgic snaps of the four-bedroom Colonial style home in New York she called 'Lily Pond' decorated for past holidays. 

'I woke up early this morning and all I could do is look at beautiful pictures of how I decorated Lily Pond for the holidays. Hoping for some inspiration,' she said. 

'How am I very going to rebuild my life - I don’t think it’s possible. It took me a lifetime to build that home. The home I never had when I was growing up,' she added. 

Lee shared a candid post Wednesday saying she's struggling to move on after leaving the beloved Mt. Kisco home

Lee shared a candid post Wednesday saying she's struggling to move on after leaving the beloved Mt. Kisco home

Lee said on Thursday that she had received 'beautiful messages on how they wish they could hug me' from her followers and she shared more images from settling into her California home.

'We’ve all suffered such a losses over the years but those losses have also made us stronger, more resilient, more understanding, and hopefully kinder,' she wrote. 

'I’ve been very fortunate in my life but there are times when we all have to go through the grief and the pain the gift of living will surely bring. 

'My feelings have been in storage for so so so long simply trying to suck it up and get through it all and smile every single day for the cameras. I appreciate you giving me a moment to be vulnerable and human.' 

On Monday Lee was seen hauling the last bits of furniture out of the house and into a moving truck.   

She had purchased the home in 2008 and put it on sale in May 2019. In October the idyllic home sold for $1.85million. 

She called the residence 'the home I never had when I was growing up.'

'Warm and clean with a spectacular view from every room. I can’t even imagine how I’m going to rebuild it or where I can rebuild it or that it’s even rebuildable,' she wrote. 

'How do you start again after you tear apart your house and stick it in storage. I guess that’s where my feelings have been over the last couple years, in storage. This entire thing has torn me apart,' she added.  

Her throwback photos showed how she set up a glittering Christmas tree in the living room, decorated the dining room with elaborate reindeer decor, and put ornaments and baubles around the house. 

'One day at a time everyone says ......so today I’m going to try to get ready for Christmas. I’m going to wrap presents and organize shipments of presents to Fam’Lee in Seattle although I don’t feel like Aunt Sandy Claus today,' she said. 

Earlier this week Lee was seen taking out the last bits of furniture out of the home and into a moving truck. 

Walking down memory lane: Lee shared several snaps of her home decked out in festive holiday decorations over the past years on Wednesday

Walking down memory lane: Lee shared several snaps of her home decked out in festive holiday decorations over the past years on Wednesday

Lee shared this photo on Wednesday showing how she adorned her dining room for the holidays with a Christmas tree and reindeer decorations

Lee shared this photo on Wednesday showing how she adorned her dining room for the holidays with a Christmas tree and reindeer decorations 

Lee shared this photo on Wednesday showing off one of her old majestic white Christmas trees

Lee shared this photo on Wednesday showing off one of her old majestic white Christmas trees

Staying cozy and warm inside: Lee pictured posing with her white cockatoo named Phoenix inside the Mt. Kisco home

Staying cozy and warm inside: Lee pictured posing with her white cockatoo named Phoenix inside the Mt. Kisco home

In an Instagram post on Monday Lee announced she officially moved out of the house and described it as 'one of the saddest days of my life.'

She said she had fond memories in every room from living with Cuomo, 63, and his three daughters for some time in their 14-year relationship before they separated in September 2019. 

'Today will be one of the saddest days of my life. Today is the day that I do the final move out from Lily Pond. I love that house and I have a personal relationship with every single room of that home. I hope the new owners take care of it as well as I did and I will love it forever. #thehousethatbuiltme,' she wrote on Instagram.

The sprawling 4,000 square-foot home features four bedrooms, three dining areas, a finished basement, a home gym and an oversized kitchen. 

Lee purchased the white colonial style home in 2008. The house went for sale in May 2019 for $2million and was sold in October 2020 for $1.85million

Lee purchased the white colonial style home in 2008. The house went for sale in May 2019 for $2million and was sold in October 2020 for $1.85million

On Monday Lee was seen taking out the last bits of furniture out of the home and into a moving truck

On Monday Lee was seen taking out the last bits of furniture out of the home and into a moving truck

Bittersweet goodbye: Lee revealed on Instagram that moving out of the house located on Bittersweet Lane which she purchased back in 2008 was 'one of the saddest days of my life'

Bittersweet goodbye: Lee revealed on Instagram that moving out of the house located on Bittersweet Lane which she purchased back in 2008 was 'one of the saddest days of my life'

'Today will be one of the saddest days of my life. Today is the day that I do the final move out from Lily Pond. I love that house and I have a personal relationship with every single room of that home. I hope the new owners take care of it as well as I did and I will love it forever. #thehousethatbuiltme,' she wrote on Instagram

'Today will be one of the saddest days of my life. Today is the day that I do the final move out from Lily Pond. I love that house and I have a personal relationship with every single room of that home. I hope the new owners take care of it as well as I did and I will love it forever. #thehousethatbuiltme,' she wrote on Instagram 

more videos

Karma hits two burglars who attempt to steal plastic pallets

Police search Southall amidst reports of dead body found

Group use military precision to avoid paying their £100 pub bill

Nurse FAINTS after getting COVID vaccine on live television

Musician finds adorable fox sound asleep on their sportscar

Shoppers head to Westfield as London goes into Tier three

Heroic teen saves his sister from being hit by a car

727 jet belonging to tycoon Peter Nygard destroyed in scrap yard

Vigilante driver chases thieves before one dies when he rams them

Schools minister says it's a 'national priority' to keep schools open

Healthcare worker appears to get fake injection of COVID vaccine

Meet Carrot the 'magic' deer who has arrow sticking out of his head

In another Instagram post she shared an exterior view of the home and said 'I walked around the outside of my beautiful home —I wanted to drink in every angle and remember the beautiful moments that were spent in every place.'

'I stopped at the top of the hill where I planted one of six tree lines of evergreen trees and 200 daffodil bulbs - I just looked at the house, I prayed the next owners would be kind to it and love it as I did - I cried and cried,' she added.

Lee said she did one last walk through of the house and said goodbye to every room and 'thanked each for giving us love and shelter, a warm place to grow and a true home to be happy.' 

When the house hit the market rumors started to swirl that Cuomo and Lee had parted ways. 

They initially denied rumors and instead pinned the downsizing on Cuomo's three daughters moving out of the home.

The couple finally announced their split in September past year saying: 'Over the recent past, we have realized that our lives have gone in different directions and our romantic relationship has turned into a deep friendship.' 

Family: Lee acted as a stepmother to his three daughters — Michaela, Cara, and Mariah — from his previous marriage to Kerry Kennedy

Family: Lee acted as a stepmother to his three daughters — Michaela, Cara, and Mariah — from his previous marriage to Kerry Kennedy

Despite the break up, Cuomo and Lee appear to still be close.  

In April she said to the New York Times she and Cuomo still communicate nearly every day, adding, 'He’s still my guy. Neither one of us, well as far as I know, has had a date.' 

She said that she watches Cuomo’s daily coronavirus briefings and has been doing her best to help even from across the country.

'You know, nobody has a daily routine right now,' she said. 'I get up and I see what the latest news is. Of course I watch Andrew live and then share with him my thoughts.'  

Popular posts from this blog

Study Abroad USA, College of Charleston, Popular Courses, Alumni

Thinking for Study Abroad USA. School of Charleston, the wonderful grounds is situated in the actual middle of a verifiable city - Charleston. Get snatched up by the wonderful and customary engineering, beautiful pathways, or look at the advanced steel and glass building which houses the School of Business. The grounds additionally gives students simple admittance to a few major tech organizations like Amazon's CreateSpace, Google, TwitPic, and so on. The school offers students nearby as well as off-grounds convenience going from completely outfitted home lobbies to memorable homes. It is prepared to offer different types of assistance and facilities like clubs, associations, sporting exercises, support administrations, etc. To put it plainly, the school grounds is rising with energy and there will never be a dull second for students at the College of Charleston. Concentrate on Abroad USA is improving and remunerating for your future. The energetic grounds likewise houses various

Best MBA Online Colleges in the USA

“Opportunities never open, instead we create them for us”. Beginning with this amazing saying, let’s unbox today’s knowledge. Love Business and marketing? Want to make a high-paid career in business administration? Well, if yes, then mate, we have got you something amazing to do!   We all imagine an effortless future with a cozy house and a laptop. Well, well! You can make this happen. Today, with this guide, we will be exploring some of the top-notch online MBA universities and institutes in the USA. Let’s get started! Why learn Online MBA from the USA? Access to More Options This online era has given a second chance to children who want to reflect on their careers while managing their hectic schedules. In this, the internet has played a very crucial in rejuvenating schools, institutes, and colleges to give the best education to students across the globe. Graduating with Less Debt Regular classes from high reputed institutes often charge heavy tuition fees. However onl

Sickening moment maskless 'Karen' COUGHS in the face of grocery store customer, then claims she doesn't have to wear a mask because she 'isn't sick'

A woman was captured on camera following a customer through a supermarket as she coughs on her after claiming she does not need a mask because she is not sick.  Video of the incident, which has garnered hundreds of thousands of views on Twitter alone, allegedly took place in a Su per Saver in Lincoln, Nebraska according to Twitter user @davenewworld_2. In it, an unidentified woman was captured dramatically coughing as she smiles saying 'Excuse me! I'm coming through' in the direction of the customer recording her. Scroll down for video An unidentified woman was captured dramatically coughing as she smiles saying 'Excuse me! I'm coming through' in the direction of a woman recording her A woman was captured on camera following a customer as she coughs on her in a supermarket without a mask on claiming she does not need one because she is not sick @chaiteabugz #karen #covid #karens #karensgonewild #karensalert #masks we were just wearing a mask at the store. ¿ o