Skip to main content

60 Days In star Nate Burrell, 33, 'shoots himself dead in public' just hours after posting message to Facebook saying 'I can't keep going on'

Nate Burrell, star of the A&E docuseries 60 Days In, has died after an apparent self-inflicted gunshot wound, his sister has revealed.

Burrell’s sister, Chelsey Walker, told TMZ that the 33-year-old committed suicide on Saturday night, fatally shooting himself out in public in downtown Allegan, Michigan.

Hours prior, the former Marine had posted a lengthy 3000-word message to Facebook writing that he ‘can’t keep going on’.

‘This isn’t an admission of guilt. I’m just tired, I’ve been through so much in my life, the pain of my situation now hurts more than I ever imagined. I can’t keep going on,’ the post read in part.

‘I want to apologize to my family and friends for failing you. I know alot of you will think you could have changed my mind I ensure you, you wouldn't. This isn't a spontaneous thing.’

Nate Burrell, star of the A&E docuseries 60 Days In, has died after an apparent self-inflicted gunshot wound, his sister has revealed

Nate Burrell, star of the A&E docuseries 60 Days In, has died after an apparent self-inflicted gunshot wound, his sister has revealed

Hours prior, Burrell had posted a lengthy message on Facebook writing that he ‘can’t keep going on’

Hours prior, Burrell had posted a lengthy message on Facebook writing that he ‘can’t keep going on’

The reality TV star, who had just turned 33, had been expecting a child with his wife, who he had recently split from, Walker said.

‘I can only imagine how bad this would all turn out, all of the legal crap that would ensue after this with custody and everything else,’ Burrell’s post continued. ‘You win! You have promised for weeks, you will ruin my life and I had no idea who I was messing with. You are right, I didn’t know who I was messing with.’

His post continued: ‘For those who are mourning know I'm in such a better place. I'm no longer fighting the battles that have been causing so much pain in my mind and life. Waking up feeling worthless, lost, confused, and tired/exhausted. I know you all have told me that's not who I am and I'm talented and have a good head on my shoulders, I appreciate you, but it doesn't help how I feel.’

He goes on to reference a number of family members and friends, before urging America to ‘revamp” the ‘behavioral health side.’

‘Our military and their families need it… Our military and their families need it. I checked myself into the hospital for wanting to commit suicide and from the beginning I felt like a criminal going to jail. Stripped of my dignity and identity and personal property.

‘I needed my family and friends during this time and you took that away. Not being able to communicate put me in such a darker hole than I was in originally that was so hard on me mentally. I would have told you anything to get me out of that place even if it meant I was okay when I wasn’t. You didn’t help me you held me prisoner so I couldn’t hurt myself?’

He concluded the post with a bible verse and the quote, ‘Let our lives not be defined by our mistakes but instead our hearts.’ 

Nate was a well-known reality personality of 60 Days in, which aims to uncover the injustices done to inmates behind bars.

Nate was a well-known reality personality of 60 Days in, which aims to uncover the injustices done to inmates behind bars.

The show followed Nate and seven others who entered jail for 2 months under assumed identities which they did of their own free will.

The show followed Nate and seven others who entered jail for 2 months under assumed identities which they did of their own free will.

The reality TV star, who had just turned 33, had been expecting a child with his wife, who he had recently split from, Walker said.Nate shown in a photo from his Instagram

The reality TV star, who had just turned 33, had been expecting a child with his wife, who he had recently split from, Walker said.

Nate was a well-known reality personality of 60 Days in, which aims to uncover the injustices done to inmates behind bars.

The show followed Nate and eight others who entered jail for 2 months under assumed identities which they did of their own free will. He stared in seasons three and four of the series and was incarcerated at the Fulton County Jail.

According to his sister, Chelsey Walker, Nate was proud of his participation in the show.

‘Nathan loved his country, loved his family and was a very caring guy. He was just in a bad place. He was very proud of being on “60 Days In,” and he really cherished his time on that show,’ Walker said.

Burrell was a veteran, having served in the military as a Marine from 2006 to 2010. He was in the infantry and served two tours of Iraq.

He was honorably discharged in 2013 and went on to receive his associate degree in criminal justice and law enforcement in 2014.

'Nate was disappointed that, while he was stationed in Iraq on one of his two combat tours, his older brother had been arrested and was facing prison time again,' his A&E biography reads. 

'He believes that the Criminal Justice System should be much tougher on criminals in order to dissuade them from returning, and he argues prisons should be more militaristic and less flexible when it comes to inmate liberties.' 

Burrell had been working as a Fish and Wildlife Officer in Michigan at the time of his death.

The Allegan Police Department has not yet returned a DailyMail.com request for comment. 

If you are experiencing suicidal thoughts or know somebody who is, please contact the National Suicide Prevention Hotline on 800-273-8255.

Popular posts from this blog

Study Abroad USA, College of Charleston, Popular Courses, Alumni

Thinking for Study Abroad USA. School of Charleston, the wonderful grounds is situated in the actual middle of a verifiable city - Charleston. Get snatched up by the wonderful and customary engineering, beautiful pathways, or look at the advanced steel and glass building which houses the School of Business. The grounds additionally gives students simple admittance to a few major tech organizations like Amazon's CreateSpace, Google, TwitPic, and so on. The school offers students nearby as well as off-grounds convenience going from completely outfitted home lobbies to memorable homes. It is prepared to offer different types of assistance and facilities like clubs, associations, sporting exercises, support administrations, etc. To put it plainly, the school grounds is rising with energy and there will never be a dull second for students at the College of Charleston. Concentrate on Abroad USA is improving and remunerating for your future. The energetic grounds likewise houses various

Best MBA Online Colleges in the USA

“Opportunities never open, instead we create them for us”. Beginning with this amazing saying, let’s unbox today’s knowledge. Love Business and marketing? Want to make a high-paid career in business administration? Well, if yes, then mate, we have got you something amazing to do!   We all imagine an effortless future with a cozy house and a laptop. Well, well! You can make this happen. Today, with this guide, we will be exploring some of the top-notch online MBA universities and institutes in the USA. Let’s get started! Why learn Online MBA from the USA? Access to More Options This online era has given a second chance to children who want to reflect on their careers while managing their hectic schedules. In this, the internet has played a very crucial in rejuvenating schools, institutes, and colleges to give the best education to students across the globe. Graduating with Less Debt Regular classes from high reputed institutes often charge heavy tuition fees. However onl

Sickening moment maskless 'Karen' COUGHS in the face of grocery store customer, then claims she doesn't have to wear a mask because she 'isn't sick'

A woman was captured on camera following a customer through a supermarket as she coughs on her after claiming she does not need a mask because she is not sick.  Video of the incident, which has garnered hundreds of thousands of views on Twitter alone, allegedly took place in a Su per Saver in Lincoln, Nebraska according to Twitter user @davenewworld_2. In it, an unidentified woman was captured dramatically coughing as she smiles saying 'Excuse me! I'm coming through' in the direction of the customer recording her. Scroll down for video An unidentified woman was captured dramatically coughing as she smiles saying 'Excuse me! I'm coming through' in the direction of a woman recording her A woman was captured on camera following a customer as she coughs on her in a supermarket without a mask on claiming she does not need one because she is not sick @chaiteabugz #karen #covid #karens #karensgonewild #karensalert #masks we were just wearing a mask at the store. ¿ o