Skip to main content

Sydney woman who thought Covid-19 was 'just the flu' sends powerful message to Australians after she passed it on to her vulnerable mother and cancer-survivor dad

A Covid-infected woman who gave the virus to her vulnerable parents has blasted the moronic minority of Australians who insist the pandemic is a hoax. 

Jacinta, who lives in the virus-plagued Canterbury-Bankstown area in Sydney's south-west where there are more than 3,000 active cases, shared her harrowing experience with Daily Mail Australia. 

The 25-year-old suffered through days of fevers, bloodshot eyes, a terrible cough and was brought to her knees from excruciating pain. 

She also unknowingly passed on the virus to her father - a cancer survivor - and her mother, who has serious underlying health issues. They all live in the same home.  

Jacinta issued a desperate plea to Australians to 'stop being selfish' by breaking Covid restrictions.

'You could be infecting people who then go home to vulnerable and sick family members with pre-existing health conditions,' she told Daily Mail Australia.

'I personally have an auto-immune disease and I gave it to my dad who had cancer as well as my mother with multiple health conditions. 

'If anything was to happen to my parents I would never forgive myself.'

Jacinta (pictured), 25, who lives in coronavirus-hit Canterbury-Bankstown, has shared her harrowing experience with coronavirus and the toll it took on her sick parents

Jacinta , 25, who lives in coronavirus-hit Canterbury-Bankstown, has shared her harrowing experience with coronavirus and the toll it took on her sick parents

The 25-year-old shared her story on Instagram and urged Australians to take the virus seriously to protect the vulnerable after she passed the virus on to her mother and father

The 25-year-old shared her story on Instagram and urged Australians to take the virus seriously to protect the vulnerable after she passed the virus on to her mother and father

Jacinta, who works as a receptionist, was feeling fine but a 'little flat', so she got tested to be safe. 

NSW Health texted her on Thursday last week informing her she was positive with the virus, the same day she was due to be vaccinated.

'Just my luck that would happen,' she said. 

Jacinta said the first three days of her infection were horrific and she locked herself inside her bedroom, only using her own bathroom so as not to infect her at-risk parents.

'The first day was the worst day. I had a fever, I woke up in a pool of my own sweat,' she said. 'My body was shaking, my head was so heavy I couldn't lift it.

'I didn't leave my room, I used my own bathroom. Mum would leave food at my door, they'd knock and I'd get it a few minutes later.'

Jacinta, who works as a receptionist, says she was informed by NSW Health she had tested positive on the same day she was supposed to be vaccinated

Jacinta, who works as a receptionist, says she was informed by NSW Health she had tested positive on the same day she was supposed to be vaccinated

The number of Covid cases in hospital in NSW has risen to 917 with 150 fighting for life in intensive care and 66 breathing through a ventilator (pictured, an ICU patient at St Vincent's Hospital in Sydney in July)

The number of Covid cases in hospital in NSW has risen to 917 with 150 fighting for life in intensive care and 66 breathing through a ventilator (pictured, an ICU patient at St Vincent's Hospital in Sydney in July)

JACINTA'S PLEA TO AUSTRALIANS 

I'm on day 6 of having Covid and I feel 80% normal now but let me tell you the first 3 days I had a fever of 39, eyes were bloodshot red, my head felt 300kgs I almost collapsed trying to change my bedsheets my cough was crazy I felt like a truck had run me over.

I'm lucky I bounced back quick but I'm seeing so many people I know personally or mutuals of my friends and they are in hospital on ventilators and I know someone in an induced coma fighting for his life.. HE IS 30.

Please don't think because I'm ok and smiling now that every other person with Covid is the same. It hits us all differently. My heart goes out to everyone who has it 100 times worse than me and my family.

If you have symptoms go get a bloody test. Get over yourself and stop being selfish because you don't want to be a part of their 'statistics'. You could be infecting people who then go home to vulnerable and sick family members with pre-existing health conditions. I personally have an auto-immune disease and I gave it to my dad who had cancer as well as my mother with multiple health conditions. If anything was to happen to my parents I would never forgive myself. 

Her mother suffers from a series of conditions, and has been bedridden from the flu in the past, while her father is six years in remission from bowel cancer.

She said she's been concerned for their safety, with her mother experiencing the same symptoms but improving and her father relatively fine so far.

'After mum got it we were allowed to sit with each other. My dad was left alone for a whole day, my dad can't cook or clean,' Jacinta explained.

'When he tested positive he was happy in the sense we could live normal again. He knew it was bound to happen.'

She admitted believing coronavirus was nothing but a flu at the beginning of the pandemic, but her experience with it changed her mind and she's urged everyone to start taking it seriously. 

'When Covid first came out, I just thought it was the flu. It does have a high survival rate but I was oblivious to how serious it actually is, because I didn't know anyone who had it,' she said.

'I can now tell you 30 people I personally know who have it. I know multiple people in hospital, I know a month-old baby who has it. I know someone in an induced coma fighting for his life. He is 30. 

'Please don't think because I'm OK and smiling now that every other person with Covid is the same. It hits us all differently. 

'My heart goes out to everyone who has it 100 times worse than me and my family.' 

Jacinta said she was sick of seeing people in her community disregarding the virus, but does believe the government's treatment of western Sydney was disproportionate to that of the eastern suburbs.

'The police and army presence has been heavy, I've never seen so many cops,' she said. 

'I am very irritated compared to how they're treating us compared to people in Bondi where this all started.

The 25-year-old admitted to underestimating the virus at the beginning of the pandemic but after her experience and knowing many people in hospital she knows the severity of it

The 25-year-old admitted to underestimating the virus at the beginning of the pandemic but after her experience and knowing many people in hospital she knows the severity of it

'But I'm so over people being sick and sitting at home. Get off your a***, get a test and who cares if you have to isolate because you're potentially infecting people who could kill their family members.' 

NSW is set to reach a major milestone of 70 per cent of single doses on Wednesday after 148,000 residents rolled up their sleeves for the jab a day earlier.

Gladys Berejiklian expects the target of 70 per cent of people double dosed to be met in mid-October, which is when long fought for freedoms will finally materialise. 

'I want to remind everybody that September is the month when we're asking everybody to get ready,' Ms Berejiklian said.

'If you're a business start dusting off your Covid safety plan.

'Make sure your employees are vaccinated so we can get back to life at 70 per cent double-dose vaccination which we anticipate will happen somewhere around the middle of October.' 

Ms Berejiklian said fully-vaccinated residents will be able to go out for a drink once 70 per cent of the state's eligible residents have received both doses (pictured, testing in Sydney's Burwood)

Ms Berejiklian said fully-vaccinated residents will be able to go out for a drink once 70 per cent of the state's eligible residents have received both doses (pictured, testing in Sydney's Burwood)

The state recorded 1,116 new local Covid-19 cases in the 24 hours to 8pm on Tuesday, as well as four deaths taking the death toll for the NSW outbreak to 100.

The four women who died were in their 50s, 60s, 70s and 80s, were not vaccinated and had underlying health conditions. 

More than 400 cases were from Western Sydney Local Health District while 372 are from the South Western Sydney district.

More than 173,913 NSW residents came forward for testing on Tuesday.

The number of Covid cases in hospital in NSW has risen to 917 with 150 fighting for life in intensive care and 66 breathing through a ventilator. 

COVID-19: WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW 

What is Covid-19?

Coronaviruses are a large family of viruses that cause respiratory infections. These can range from the common cold to more serious diseases.

Covid-19 is a disease caused by a form of coronavirus. 

Other coronaviruses include Middle East Respiratory Syndrome and Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome  

What are the symptoms? 

Symptoms of Covid-19 can range from mild illness to pneumonia. 

Some people will recover easily, and others may get very sick very quickly. 

People with coronavirus may experience symptoms such as: 

- fever 

- coughing 

- sore throat 

- shortness of breath

Other symptoms can include runny nose, acute blocked nose , headache, muscle or joint pains, nausea, diarrhoea, vomiting, loss of sense of smell, altered sense of taste, loss of appetite and fatigue.

To stop the spread of Covid-19 people with even mild symptoms of respiratory infection should get tested.

Source: Department of Health 

 

Popular posts from this blog

Study Abroad USA, College of Charleston, Popular Courses, Alumni

Thinking for Study Abroad USA. School of Charleston, the wonderful grounds is situated in the actual middle of a verifiable city - Charleston. Get snatched up by the wonderful and customary engineering, beautiful pathways, or look at the advanced steel and glass building which houses the School of Business. The grounds additionally gives students simple admittance to a few major tech organizations like Amazon's CreateSpace, Google, TwitPic, and so on. The school offers students nearby as well as off-grounds convenience going from completely outfitted home lobbies to memorable homes. It is prepared to offer different types of assistance and facilities like clubs, associations, sporting exercises, support administrations, etc. To put it plainly, the school grounds is rising with energy and there will never be a dull second for students at the College of Charleston. Concentrate on Abroad USA is improving and remunerating for your future. The energetic grounds likewise houses various

Best MBA Online Colleges in the USA

“Opportunities never open, instead we create them for us”. Beginning with this amazing saying, let’s unbox today’s knowledge. Love Business and marketing? Want to make a high-paid career in business administration? Well, if yes, then mate, we have got you something amazing to do!   We all imagine an effortless future with a cozy house and a laptop. Well, well! You can make this happen. Today, with this guide, we will be exploring some of the top-notch online MBA universities and institutes in the USA. Let’s get started! Why learn Online MBA from the USA? Access to More Options This online era has given a second chance to children who want to reflect on their careers while managing their hectic schedules. In this, the internet has played a very crucial in rejuvenating schools, institutes, and colleges to give the best education to students across the globe. Graduating with Less Debt Regular classes from high reputed institutes often charge heavy tuition fees. However onl

Sickening moment maskless 'Karen' COUGHS in the face of grocery store customer, then claims she doesn't have to wear a mask because she 'isn't sick'

A woman was captured on camera following a customer through a supermarket as she coughs on her after claiming she does not need a mask because she is not sick.  Video of the incident, which has garnered hundreds of thousands of views on Twitter alone, allegedly took place in a Su per Saver in Lincoln, Nebraska according to Twitter user @davenewworld_2. In it, an unidentified woman was captured dramatically coughing as she smiles saying 'Excuse me! I'm coming through' in the direction of the customer recording her. Scroll down for video An unidentified woman was captured dramatically coughing as she smiles saying 'Excuse me! I'm coming through' in the direction of a woman recording her A woman was captured on camera following a customer as she coughs on her in a supermarket without a mask on claiming she does not need one because she is not sick @chaiteabugz #karen #covid #karens #karensgonewild #karensalert #masks we were just wearing a mask at the store. ¿ o