Skip to main content

Shy teenager who was bullied out of school for being 'tall and ugly' lands



A teenager who was bullied so badly at school she was forced to leave without qualifications has had the last laugh - after reaching the finals of Miss England.


Jade Power, 19, was so traumatised by the physical and verbal attacks by girls at her school that she left before gaining any GCSEs or A-Levels.


On one occasion bullies threatened to kill her and her family, punched her and pulled her hair.


But now 5ft 10ins Jade is in the running to be crowned Miss England in June after winning the Miss Sussex title in her home county.



Bullied to beauty: Jade Power was tormented by other girls and had to leave after being physically and verbally attacked but now she is in the running to become the next Miss England

Jade, from Rye, East Sussex, said: 'I was a bit of an outcast at school.


'I didn't have many friends and had to leave for my own safety. It was not the best time.


'I got punched and one girl said she would kill my friends and family. I now want to give something back.'


The bullying started when Jade joined secondary school aged 11 and callous students began to pick on her over her appearance.

'Girls didn't really accept me and I wouldn't consider myself as pretty,' she said. 'I was very tall, I hated my height, I felt like I stuck out like a sore thumb. I didn't fit in with all the other girls at all.




More...
Grooms in for a nasty shock as brides-to-be splash out on SPANX instead of sexy lingerie for their big day
Frugal women hang onto their old bras as recession-hit lingerie brands see sales sag
Model agency launches world's first SELFIE modelling competition for plus-size babes - and gets hundreds of entrants in first week

'I had one friend who I had known for a long time and that was it, she was my one and only friend.


'They called my really horrible names, I just felt so ugly and repulsed by myself.


'I was made to feel like an outcast. A couple of girls took it too far so I had to go.



Tormented: The bullying started when Jade joined secondary school aged 11 and callous students began to pick on her over her appearance, but she's having the last laugh now

'It was awful, I had this lovely long brown hair and I had to go to school with it tied up in a tight plait because there was this one girl who would just go for me and it was the first thing she would grab.'

She was attacked, beaten and abused and finally chose to leave her school when one of the main perpetrators threatened to kill her.


Traumatised Jade left school aged only 13 and got a job as a stablehand, mucking out horses, in return for the promise of a riding lesson.


It was then she came across Hero, a black and white horse who looks similar to a fresian cow.



Attacked: She was attacked, beaten and abused and finally chose to leave her school when one of the main perpetrators threatened to kill her and instead took up horse riding

'Working with horses was a gamble and my mum really wasn't happy but she home schooled me and did all she could,' she said.


'Hero stuck out really badly and that's how people got to notice us.



Confidence: She soon began winning numerous local and international show jumping competitions with her beloved pet and, thanks to her new-found confidence, decided to enter Miss Sussex

'We both stuck out so we bonded immediately. He is like my best friend, he really got me out of a situation.'

But undeterred, Jade made it her mission to teach and coach the forgotten horse and began to blog about her methods.


Her fan base grew and she began to receive messages of support from other people who were inspired by her journey with Hero.


She soon began winning numerous local and international show jumping competitions with her beloved pet and, thanks to her new-found confidence, decided to enter Miss Sussex.

The part-time model won the unanimous backing of the judges and the 'public choice' category at the competition in Brighton last Sunday.

While forging her career as an impressive winning show jumper and model, Jade also went to college to achieve A levels and get some qualifications under her belt.


She now plans to use her experiences and her title as Miss Sussex to produce a video and help scheme for other youngsters who are being bullied.


She added: 'I still can't believe I won Miss Sussex, I am so chuffed with it.


'It is absolutely incredible.'


She will now go on to represent Sussex in the Miss England competition in Devon in June.






Big plans: She now plans to use her experiences and her title as Miss Sussex to produce a video and help scheme for other youngsters who are being bullied

Jade said: 'I am not nervous, it is exciting. It is hard to get over what they did to me and I wonder if I will ever really get over it.


'Winning Miss Sussex is so amazing and has definitely helped me grow in confidence.


'I would love to use this title to get involved in a bullying awareness campaign to see if I can at least use the experiences I had to help others who might be going through the same thing.

Popular posts from this blog

Study Abroad USA, College of Charleston, Popular Courses, Alumni

Thinking for Study Abroad USA. School of Charleston, the wonderful grounds is situated in the actual middle of a verifiable city - Charleston. Get snatched up by the wonderful and customary engineering, beautiful pathways, or look at the advanced steel and glass building which houses the School of Business. The grounds additionally gives students simple admittance to a few major tech organizations like Amazon's CreateSpace, Google, TwitPic, and so on. The school offers students nearby as well as off-grounds convenience going from completely outfitted home lobbies to memorable homes. It is prepared to offer different types of assistance and facilities like clubs, associations, sporting exercises, support administrations, etc. To put it plainly, the school grounds is rising with energy and there will never be a dull second for students at the College of Charleston. Concentrate on Abroad USA is improving and remunerating for your future. The energetic grounds likewise houses various

Best MBA Online Colleges in the USA

“Opportunities never open, instead we create them for us”. Beginning with this amazing saying, let’s unbox today’s knowledge. Love Business and marketing? Want to make a high-paid career in business administration? Well, if yes, then mate, we have got you something amazing to do!   We all imagine an effortless future with a cozy house and a laptop. Well, well! You can make this happen. Today, with this guide, we will be exploring some of the top-notch online MBA universities and institutes in the USA. Let’s get started! Why learn Online MBA from the USA? Access to More Options This online era has given a second chance to children who want to reflect on their careers while managing their hectic schedules. In this, the internet has played a very crucial in rejuvenating schools, institutes, and colleges to give the best education to students across the globe. Graduating with Less Debt Regular classes from high reputed institutes often charge heavy tuition fees. However onl

Sickening moment maskless 'Karen' COUGHS in the face of grocery store customer, then claims she doesn't have to wear a mask because she 'isn't sick'

A woman was captured on camera following a customer through a supermarket as she coughs on her after claiming she does not need a mask because she is not sick.  Video of the incident, which has garnered hundreds of thousands of views on Twitter alone, allegedly took place in a Su per Saver in Lincoln, Nebraska according to Twitter user @davenewworld_2. In it, an unidentified woman was captured dramatically coughing as she smiles saying 'Excuse me! I'm coming through' in the direction of the customer recording her. Scroll down for video An unidentified woman was captured dramatically coughing as she smiles saying 'Excuse me! I'm coming through' in the direction of a woman recording her A woman was captured on camera following a customer as she coughs on her in a supermarket without a mask on claiming she does not need one because she is not sick @chaiteabugz #karen #covid #karens #karensgonewild #karensalert #masks we were just wearing a mask at the store. ¿ o