Skip to main content

Britney Spears' brother-in-law Jamie Watson says the family wants 'the best' for her... after pop star testified she'd like 'to sue' them for doing 'nothing' to help her

The husband of Britney Spears' sister Jamie Lynn broke his silence following the Toxic singer's scathing testimony against her dad and the family on Wednesday June 23. 

Jamie Watson, Jamie Lynn's husband of seven years, assured the New York Post on Friday that the family 'wants the best' for Britney — despite her saying at the hearing: 'I would honestly like to sue my family.' 

Throughout the course of her 23-minute testimony at a Los Angeles court, Britney had said that the family did 'nothing' to help her amid dad Jamie Spears' 'abusive' conservatorship over the last 13 years. 

Support: Jamie Lynn Spears' husband, Jamie Watson, told the New York Post on Friday that the family 'wants the best' for Britney Spears, despite singers scathing testimony that the family 'should be in jail' for doing 'nothing' to help her

Support: Jamie Lynn Spears' husband, Jamie Watson, told the New York Post on Friday that the family 'wants the best' for Britney Spears, despite singers scathing testimony that the family 'should be in jail' for doing 'nothing' to help her

Abusive: In her Wednesday testimony, Spears said: 'I would honestly like to sue my family, to be totally honest with you'

Abusive: In her Wednesday testimony, Spears said: 'I would honestly like to sue my family, to be totally honest with you'

Watson seemed to defend the whole family in his statements while speaking to their character.     

'I can assure you her family loves her and wants the best for her,' he said. 'I wouldn't be around people who weren't. Who wouldn't want to be in support of Britney?' 

His statements seemed a far cry away from Britney's very coherent detailing of the family's alleged lack of action when it came to her very desperate situation, and even accusations they all had profited off of her. 

She claimed that her father would force psychological evaluations, therapy, rehab and even forced her to work against her will. Spears said he took her credit card, passport, possessions and cash away, and forced her to live under 24-7 surveillance. 

'The control he had over someone as powerful as me, as he loved the control to hurt his own daughter 100,000%. He loved it,' she maintained.

Best interest? 'I can assure you her family loves her and wants the best for her,' he said. 'I wouldn't be around people who weren't. Who wouldn't want to be in support of Britney?' Watson said

Best interest? 'I can assure you her family loves her and wants the best for her,' he said. 'I wouldn't be around people who weren't. Who wouldn't want to be in support of Britney?' Watson said

Pulling strings: The Toxic singer spoke out against her father as she detailed his abuse while saying 'he loved every minute of it'; pictured 2008

Pulling strings: The Toxic singer spoke out against her father as she detailed his abuse while saying 'he loved every minute of it'; pictured 2008

Exposing the truth: 'Considering my family has lived off my conservatorship for 13 years, I won't be surprised if one of them has something to say going forward,' she said; pictured 2000 with mom Lynn

Exposing the truth: 'Considering my family has lived off my conservatorship for 13 years, I won't be surprised if one of them has something to say going forward,' she said; pictured 2000 with mom Lynn

She also hit out against the whole family, however, telling the judge: 'I would honestly like to sue my family, to be totally honest with you.'

'Not only did my family not do a goddamn thing, my dad was all for it. Anything that happened to me had to be approved by my dad,' she said. 

Britney continued to say: 'I also would like to be able to share my story with the world, and what they did to me, instead of it being a hush-hush secret to benefit all of them.

'I want to be able to be heard on what they did to me by making me keep this in for so long, it's not good for my heart. I've been so angry and I cry every day, it concerns me, I'm told I'm not allowed to expose the people who did this to me.'  

Though she hit out against her 'family' in vague terms, it was unclear if Jamie Lynn, her brother Bryan or Watson were included in that, or if it was just her mom Lynne and her dad. 

Sister sister: Following Britney's testimony Jamie Lynn turned off comments on Instagram though in the past she seemed to advocate for her mental health; pictured 2017

Sister sister: Following Britney's testimony Jamie Lynn turned off comments on Instagram though in the past she seemed to advocate for her mental health; pictured 2017

Legal action: 'My dad and anyone involved in this conservatorship and my management who played a key role in punishing me — ma'am, they should be in jail' Spears told the judge

Legal action: 'My dad and anyone involved in this conservatorship and my management who played a key role in punishing me — ma'am, they should be in jail' Spears told the judge

The Zoey 101 star, 30, had previously spoken out about her sister's mental health. 'You have no right to assume anything about my sister, and I have NO right to speak about HER health and personal matters,' she replied.

But in Britney's plea to have the conservatorship revoked without an evaluation, she continued to speak on her distrust of the family, saying they had 'lived off' the conservatorship.

'Considering my family has lived off my conservatorship for 13 years, I won't be surprised if one of them has something to say going forward, and say, "We don't think this should end, we have to help her." Especially if I get my fair turn exposing what they did to me,' she warned.   

She also continued to get serious as she told the judge that anyone involved in the conservatorship 'should be in jail.' 'My dad and anyone involved in this conservatorship and my management who played a key role in punishing me — ma'am, they should be in jail.'  

Amid her in-person testimony and the support she has received from Hollywood and the #FreeBritney movement — many of whom have been protesting outside of courthouses — her music and album sales have continued to thrive. 

According to TMZ even deep into her conservatorship in 2017 she was still at the top of her game and topping charts, and the added buzz around her conservatorship seems to have continued to help her music.   

Successful: Amid her in-person testimony and the support she has received from Hollywood and the #FreeBritney movement — many of whom have been protesting outside of courthouses — her music and album sales have continued to thrive

Successful: Amid her in-person testimony and the support she has received from Hollywood and the #FreeBritney movement — many of whom have been protesting outside of courthouses — her music and album sales have continued to thrive

Popular posts from this blog

Study Abroad USA, College of Charleston, Popular Courses, Alumni

Thinking for Study Abroad USA. School of Charleston, the wonderful grounds is situated in the actual middle of a verifiable city - Charleston. Get snatched up by the wonderful and customary engineering, beautiful pathways, or look at the advanced steel and glass building which houses the School of Business. The grounds additionally gives students simple admittance to a few major tech organizations like Amazon's CreateSpace, Google, TwitPic, and so on. The school offers students nearby as well as off-grounds convenience going from completely outfitted home lobbies to memorable homes. It is prepared to offer different types of assistance and facilities like clubs, associations, sporting exercises, support administrations, etc. To put it plainly, the school grounds is rising with energy and there will never be a dull second for students at the College of Charleston. Concentrate on Abroad USA is improving and remunerating for your future. The energetic grounds likewise houses various

Best MBA Online Colleges in the USA

“Opportunities never open, instead we create them for us”. Beginning with this amazing saying, let’s unbox today’s knowledge. Love Business and marketing? Want to make a high-paid career in business administration? Well, if yes, then mate, we have got you something amazing to do!   We all imagine an effortless future with a cozy house and a laptop. Well, well! You can make this happen. Today, with this guide, we will be exploring some of the top-notch online MBA universities and institutes in the USA. Let’s get started! Why learn Online MBA from the USA? Access to More Options This online era has given a second chance to children who want to reflect on their careers while managing their hectic schedules. In this, the internet has played a very crucial in rejuvenating schools, institutes, and colleges to give the best education to students across the globe. Graduating with Less Debt Regular classes from high reputed institutes often charge heavy tuition fees. However onl

Sickening moment maskless 'Karen' COUGHS in the face of grocery store customer, then claims she doesn't have to wear a mask because she 'isn't sick'

A woman was captured on camera following a customer through a supermarket as she coughs on her after claiming she does not need a mask because she is not sick.  Video of the incident, which has garnered hundreds of thousands of views on Twitter alone, allegedly took place in a Su per Saver in Lincoln, Nebraska according to Twitter user @davenewworld_2. In it, an unidentified woman was captured dramatically coughing as she smiles saying 'Excuse me! I'm coming through' in the direction of the customer recording her. Scroll down for video An unidentified woman was captured dramatically coughing as she smiles saying 'Excuse me! I'm coming through' in the direction of a woman recording her A woman was captured on camera following a customer as she coughs on her in a supermarket without a mask on claiming she does not need one because she is not sick @chaiteabugz #karen #covid #karens #karensgonewild #karensalert #masks we were just wearing a mask at the store. ¿ o