Skip to main content

Marissa Jaret Winokur debuts dramatic quarantine weight loss revealing she lost 50lbs and admits that her fear over contracting COVID-19 prompted the health kick

Marissa Jaret Winokur debuted her dramatic 50lb quarantine weight loss to fans in an emotional and candid Instagram post on Monday.

The 47-year-old Hairspray star shared images of her new physique on social media and admitted that her fear over being 'high risk' for catching the novel coronavirus is what prompted her to take a serious look at her health.

And, even though she said she was 'scared to post photos', Marissa showed off some before and after shots wearing the same dress to really illustrate her new curves.

Big change: Marissa Jaret Winokur debuted her dramatic 50lb quarantine weight loss to fans in an emotional and candid Instagram post on MondayWow! Before and after photos in the same dress illustrate the big difference  (Pictured in 2019)

Big change: Marissa Jaret Winokur debuted her dramatic 50lb quarantine weight loss to fans in an emotional and candid Instagram post on Monday

Marissa said in a social media post that she's been working out via zoom classes with trainer Keith Anthony and eating healthy for the last six months to give herself a 'fighting chance' against COVID-19.  

'Truth Covid scares me,' she wrote. 'I checked off all the boxes, I am HIGH RISK!' 

The mom of one went on to explain that she felt like she really needed to have a goal to focus her energy on during such a difficult time in the world.

'6 months later I have lost almost 50 pounds,' she revealed. 'We have been here before. I was scared to post photos, it’s really one day at a time for me when it comes to food.'

Honesty: Marissa said in a social media post that she's been working out via zoom classes with trainer Keith Anthony and eating healthy for the last six months to give herself a 'fighting chance' against COVID-19

Honesty: Marissa said in a social media post that she's been working out via zoom classes with trainer Keith Anthony and eating healthy for the last six months to give herself a 'fighting chance' against COVID-19

'6 months later I have lost almost 50 pounds,' she revealed. 'We have been here before. I was scared to post photos, it’s really one day at a time for me when it comes to food.'Health first:  Even though she said she was 'scared to post photos', Marissa showed off some before and after shots wearing the same dress to really illustrate her new curves (Pictured in 2019)

'6 months later I have lost almost 50 pounds,' she revealed. 'We have been here before. I was scared to post photos, it’s really one day at a time for me when it comes to food.' (Pictured R in 2019)

Ultimately, Winokur decided to go public with her journey in the hopes that she could inspire others who are in the same boat.

Along with her post, Marissa showed off her figure in photos rocking a crimson V-neck wrap dress and a ruched navy dress. 

She truck a power pose with her hands on her hips and a bright ear-to-ear smile. Her signature curly locks were pulled up in a voluminous half-up-half-down style. 

The post also included side-by-side shots wearing the same dresses from before her weight loss to show off just how much her body has changed. 

Dedication: In her Instagram story, Marissa shared a video of one of grueling at home sweat sessions, using workout balls, TRX bands and resistance bands

Dedication: In her Instagram story, Marissa shared a video of one of grueling at home sweat sessions, using workout balls, TRX bands and resistance bands

'I haven’t had asthma in months,' Marissa explained. 'My anxiety is at an all time high, because you know the country is such a mess. The hour or two a day I focus on working out my sadness turns to productive energy, so that I don’t watch the news and bury my head, but try to help our situation'

'I haven’t had asthma in months,' Marissa explained. 'My anxiety is at an all time high, because you know the country is such a mess. The hour or two a day I focus on working out my sadness turns to productive energy, so that I don’t watch the news and bury my head, but try to help our situation'

'Forget how amazing this dress looks ,' she continued on Instagram. 'I haven’t had asthma in months.'

Along with the physical health benefits, the star explained that her daily workouts have been helping to manage her stress and anxiety levels. 

'My anxiety is at an all time high, because you know the country is such a mess. The hour or two a day I focus on working out my sadness turns to productive energy, so that I don’t watch the news and bury my head, but try to help our situation,' she explained.

In her Instagram story, Marissa shared a video of one of grueling at home sweat sessions, using workout balls, TRX bands and resistance bands.

Mask up! Winokur made sure to clarify for her followers that 'losing weight will not stop the spread' of COVID-19

Mask up! Winokur made sure to clarify for her followers that 'losing weight will not stop the spread' of COVID-19

She also made clear to her followers that 'losing weight will not stop the spread' of COVID-19.

'But getting my self as strong as possible to fight it at least makes me FEEL like I am doing something,' she said. 'It makes me FEEL like if I can kick cancers ass I can do this too.'

Around the time she began working on the stage production of Hairspray in the early 2000s, Marissa was diagnosed with cervical cancer. She kept her illness under wraps while going through treatment and remained in the Broadway musical.

She ended her inspiring post: 'I can only say Today I feel strong. Today I feel like I can do anything. Today I don’t bury my head, I will workout and email our senators wear a mask and make sure Family and friends VOTE !!'

'But getting my self as strong as possible to fight it at least makes me FEEL like I am doing something,' she said. 'It makes me FEEL like if I can kick cancers ass I can do this too.' (Pictured in 2018)

'But getting my self as strong as possible to fight it at least makes me FEEL like I am doing something,' she said. 'It makes me FEEL like if I can kick cancers ass I can do this too.' (Pictured in 2018)

'We have work to do on ourselves to save this nation , we need equality. We will need to FIGHT for EQUALITY. Do what you have to do personally to get in the fight . Ask for help. To be able to help others !' 

Following her breakout role as Tracy Turnblad on Broadway, Marissa went on to on to star in small roles in films like American Beauty and Scary Movie as well as a several television appearances. 

She was also one of the first co-hosts on CBS's The Talk but departed not long after the premiere. 

And, in 2018, Winokur one the very first season of Celebrity Big Brother. 

Fighter: Around the time she began working on the stage production of Hairspray in the early 2000s, Marissa was diagnosed with cervical cancer. She kept her illness under wraps while going through treatment and remained in the Broadway musical (Pictured in 2019)

Fighter: Around the time she began working on the stage production of Hairspray in the early 2000s, Marissa was diagnosed with cervical cancer. She kept her illness under wraps while going through treatment and remained in the Broadway musical (Pictured in 2019)

Popular posts from this blog

Study Abroad USA, College of Charleston, Popular Courses, Alumni

Thinking for Study Abroad USA. School of Charleston, the wonderful grounds is situated in the actual middle of a verifiable city - Charleston. Get snatched up by the wonderful and customary engineering, beautiful pathways, or look at the advanced steel and glass building which houses the School of Business. The grounds additionally gives students simple admittance to a few major tech organizations like Amazon's CreateSpace, Google, TwitPic, and so on. The school offers students nearby as well as off-grounds convenience going from completely outfitted home lobbies to memorable homes. It is prepared to offer different types of assistance and facilities like clubs, associations, sporting exercises, support administrations, etc. To put it plainly, the school grounds is rising with energy and there will never be a dull second for students at the College of Charleston. Concentrate on Abroad USA is improving and remunerating for your future. The energetic grounds likewise houses various

Best MBA Online Colleges in the USA

“Opportunities never open, instead we create them for us”. Beginning with this amazing saying, let’s unbox today’s knowledge. Love Business and marketing? Want to make a high-paid career in business administration? Well, if yes, then mate, we have got you something amazing to do!   We all imagine an effortless future with a cozy house and a laptop. Well, well! You can make this happen. Today, with this guide, we will be exploring some of the top-notch online MBA universities and institutes in the USA. Let’s get started! Why learn Online MBA from the USA? Access to More Options This online era has given a second chance to children who want to reflect on their careers while managing their hectic schedules. In this, the internet has played a very crucial in rejuvenating schools, institutes, and colleges to give the best education to students across the globe. Graduating with Less Debt Regular classes from high reputed institutes often charge heavy tuition fees. However onl

Sickening moment maskless 'Karen' COUGHS in the face of grocery store customer, then claims she doesn't have to wear a mask because she 'isn't sick'

A woman was captured on camera following a customer through a supermarket as she coughs on her after claiming she does not need a mask because she is not sick.  Video of the incident, which has garnered hundreds of thousands of views on Twitter alone, allegedly took place in a Su per Saver in Lincoln, Nebraska according to Twitter user @davenewworld_2. In it, an unidentified woman was captured dramatically coughing as she smiles saying 'Excuse me! I'm coming through' in the direction of the customer recording her. Scroll down for video An unidentified woman was captured dramatically coughing as she smiles saying 'Excuse me! I'm coming through' in the direction of a woman recording her A woman was captured on camera following a customer as she coughs on her in a supermarket without a mask on claiming she does not need one because she is not sick @chaiteabugz #karen #covid #karens #karensgonewild #karensalert #masks we were just wearing a mask at the store. ¿ o