Skip to main content

'I have already proved to myself that I have the ability to play at top level – and I love a challenge': Nathan Ake excited for the task in hand at Manchester City after making £40m move from relegated Bournemouth

New Manchester City signing Nathan Ake has revealed that he is looking forward to the challenge that awaits him following his £40million switch from Bournemouth.

Ake was relegated from the Premier League with Bournemouth at the end of last season but still received praise for some of his individual performances. 

The 25-year-old stressed that he has already proved that he has the talent to succeed at the highest level. 

Nathan Ake has revealed his determination to succeed after signing for Manchester City

Nathan Ake has revealed his determination to succeed after signing for Manchester City


Ake told The Mirror: 'I have not signed for City thinking I can prove all the critics wrong. I have already proved to myself that I have the ability to play at top level – and I love a challenge. 

'I showed that when I was a kid playing in my hometown in the Hague and I moved to ­Rotterdam to join Feyenoord. I showed it again when I packed my stuff and moved to Chelsea.

'I have had to work incredibly hard to make it to the top – and I know I am ready. I have also achieved my dream of playing for Holland.'

Ake insists that he doesn't have anything to prove despite being relegated with Bournemouth

Ake insists that he doesn't have anything to prove despite being relegated with Bournemouth

The Dutch international revealed that he struck up an 'instant connection' with Pep Guardiola

The Dutch international revealed that he struck up an 'instant connection' with Pep Guardiola

Ake revealed that he found it difficult to believe that City wanted to sign him.

The centre-back added that he struck up an 'instant connection' with manager Pep Guardiola.

Ake said: 'I had to pinch myself in the arm. I was thinking, 'Is this real?'.

'When I heard they wanted me to come to Manchester I was bowled over.

'Manchester City are one of the best clubs in the world and Pep Guardiola is one of the best managers in the world.

'I had a really good talk with Guardiola and there was an instant connection. The way City play really suits me. I have played against them so many times and I know how hard it is to face them.' 

Ake's first Premier League appearance for City could come on September 21, when Guardiola's side commence their campaign away to Wolves.

Having joined Chelsea as a youngster, Ake featured for the Blues at first-team level but was loaned out on three occasions, with the last of those spells being with Bournemouth before he made a permanent move.

In total he played 121 times for the Cherries, and he will now get the opportunity to test himself in the Champions League with City.  

Popular posts from this blog

Study Abroad USA, College of Charleston, Popular Courses, Alumni

Thinking for Study Abroad USA. School of Charleston, the wonderful grounds is situated in the actual middle of a verifiable city - Charleston. Get snatched up by the wonderful and customary engineering, beautiful pathways, or look at the advanced steel and glass building which houses the School of Business. The grounds additionally gives students simple admittance to a few major tech organizations like Amazon's CreateSpace, Google, TwitPic, and so on. The school offers students nearby as well as off-grounds convenience going from completely outfitted home lobbies to memorable homes. It is prepared to offer different types of assistance and facilities like clubs, associations, sporting exercises, support administrations, etc. To put it plainly, the school grounds is rising with energy and there will never be a dull second for students at the College of Charleston. Concentrate on Abroad USA is improving and remunerating for your future. The energetic grounds likewise houses various

Best MBA Online Colleges in the USA

“Opportunities never open, instead we create them for us”. Beginning with this amazing saying, let’s unbox today’s knowledge. Love Business and marketing? Want to make a high-paid career in business administration? Well, if yes, then mate, we have got you something amazing to do!   We all imagine an effortless future with a cozy house and a laptop. Well, well! You can make this happen. Today, with this guide, we will be exploring some of the top-notch online MBA universities and institutes in the USA. Let’s get started! Why learn Online MBA from the USA? Access to More Options This online era has given a second chance to children who want to reflect on their careers while managing their hectic schedules. In this, the internet has played a very crucial in rejuvenating schools, institutes, and colleges to give the best education to students across the globe. Graduating with Less Debt Regular classes from high reputed institutes often charge heavy tuition fees. However onl

Sickening moment maskless 'Karen' COUGHS in the face of grocery store customer, then claims she doesn't have to wear a mask because she 'isn't sick'

A woman was captured on camera following a customer through a supermarket as she coughs on her after claiming she does not need a mask because she is not sick.  Video of the incident, which has garnered hundreds of thousands of views on Twitter alone, allegedly took place in a Su per Saver in Lincoln, Nebraska according to Twitter user @davenewworld_2. In it, an unidentified woman was captured dramatically coughing as she smiles saying 'Excuse me! I'm coming through' in the direction of the customer recording her. Scroll down for video An unidentified woman was captured dramatically coughing as she smiles saying 'Excuse me! I'm coming through' in the direction of a woman recording her A woman was captured on camera following a customer as she coughs on her in a supermarket without a mask on claiming she does not need one because she is not sick @chaiteabugz #karen #covid #karens #karensgonewild #karensalert #masks we were just wearing a mask at the store. ¿ o