Skip to main content

EXCLUSIVE: Unhappy days! Anti-masker Scott Baio hits back at the movie industry for shutting down his film production for breaching coronavirus safety measures on set and proclaims 'let me live my life'

Outspoken Hollywood star and anti-masker Scott Baio has hit back at the movie industry for shutting down his film production over coronavirus breaches, insisting 'let me live my life.'

Baio expressed his anger at not being allowed to work during the pandemic and insists he should be able to decide whether to wear a mask or not, no one else.

'Live your life, let me live mine. If I don’t want to wear a mask, it’s on me. You want to wear a mask, that’s on you. That’s fine,' he said.

In an animated interview while attending Hollywood's first red carpet film premiere, Baio said he felt castigated in some quarters in Hollywood for standing up for his views, labeling it 'facism'.

In an exclusive interview with DailyMailTV, Scott Baio, pictured with his daughter, hit back at the movie industry for halting production of his new movie for coronavirus breaches on set, saying 'Live your life, let me live mine'

In an exclusive interview with DailyMailTV, Scott Baio, pictured with his daughter, hit back at the movie industry for halting production of his new movie for coronavirus breaches on set, saying 'Live your life, let me live mine'

Baio and daughter Bailey spoke Monday night as they walked the red carpet to support close friend David A R White, who is the star and executive producer of Beckman - a new Christian based action movie

Baio and daughter Bailey spoke Monday night as they walked the red carpet to support close friend David A R White, who is the star and executive producer of Beckman - a new Christian based action movie

The veteran actor and vocal Trump supporter feels that his freedoms are being thwarted.

'I’m an American and I’m free to do what I want, but unfortunately, we’re in a spot now where we’re not,' he said.

Baio's production for his new film Courting Mom & Dad was shut down in June over coronavirus breaches on set

Baio's production for his new film Courting Mom & Dad was shut down in June over coronavirus breaches on set

'I want to be free, express my opinion and not want to have a brick thrown at my head for it.'

Baio's comments come as President Trump mocked Joe Biden for wearing a mask and asked a crowd in Pittsburgh why the Democrat would spend 'all that money on the plastic surgery' to cover up his face Wednesday.

Baio - best known for his role as Chachi in hit sitcom Happy Days - admitted that his anti-mask comments would likely prompt outrage, but is adamant not to be held back from his right to free speech.

The 60-year-old actor came out firing about masks after his new film Courting Mom & Dad was shut down in June after it 'failed to comply with LA County Health Orders and SAG-AFTRA protocols in connection with COVID-19.'

Biao is unhappy with the decision: 'I get it. I’m cool. I want you to live your life. I don’t want you to live my life.

'I live my life, so don’t force your life on me. If you don’t want to come to work, okay, then we’ll have to figure something out. If you do want to come to work, great. That’s how I am about everything I do, whether I want to go into a store. If I don’t want to wear a mask, that’s on me. If I get the flu or the virus, it’s on me.'

Baio added that he feels that industry bodies, regulators and health organizations should allow him and other cast members the right to go mask free - even if it means being unpopular. 

Child actors Everson White, Bailey Baio and Ryan Florida play Baio and Kristy Swanson's kids in Courting Mom and Dad

Child actors Everson White, Bailey Baio and Ryan Florida play Baio and Kristy Swanson's kids in Courting Mom and Dad

Baio - best known for his role as Chachi in hit sitcom Happy Days (pictured in 1978) - admitted that his anti-mask comments would likely prompt outrage, but is adamant not to be held back from his right to free speech

Baio - best known for his role as Chachi in hit sitcom Happy Days (pictured in 1978) - admitted that his anti-mask comments would likely prompt outrage, but is adamant not to be held back from his right to free speech

'I’m responsible for me. You’re not responsible for me. That’s what I would say. You don’t want to go to work? Stay home. You want to go to work? Go to work. And if you want to socially distance, that’s great too. 

'Live your life. We beat SARS, H1N1, MERS, The Spanish Flu, the flu now - still dealing with it. People die from that and I don’t want anybody to die, but people die from viruses and I’m an old enough, grown man to know what I want to do and don’t want to do. That’s how I would handle it. It’s not about show business. It’s about life,' he said.

Baio has spoken out in the past about being a victim of an ongoing smear campaign, since he voiced his support for Donald Trump in 2016 and spoke at the Republican National Convention. The actor feels that his views do not get the coverage that others have in the past.

He reacted: 'That’s facism. That’s what they accuse me of for being a conservative American. I want people to live their life. I don’t care what you look like, what your lifestyle is, I don’t care. 'So if you want to try and shut me up, you’re going to have a problem, just like I would never shut you up.'

Baio and daughter Bailey spoke Monday night as they walked the red carpet to support close friend David A R White, who is the star and executive producer of Beckman - a new Christian based action movie.

Around 150 people gathered for the socially distanced outdoor screening of Beckman in a parking area of the Universal Hilton hotel in LA - around 200 meters from the front gates of shuttered theme park Universal Studios.

Beckman releases on DVD nationally as well as PPV & VOD on all digital platforms on September 21.

Popular posts from this blog

Study Abroad USA, College of Charleston, Popular Courses, Alumni

Thinking for Study Abroad USA. School of Charleston, the wonderful grounds is situated in the actual middle of a verifiable city - Charleston. Get snatched up by the wonderful and customary engineering, beautiful pathways, or look at the advanced steel and glass building which houses the School of Business. The grounds additionally gives students simple admittance to a few major tech organizations like Amazon's CreateSpace, Google, TwitPic, and so on. The school offers students nearby as well as off-grounds convenience going from completely outfitted home lobbies to memorable homes. It is prepared to offer different types of assistance and facilities like clubs, associations, sporting exercises, support administrations, etc. To put it plainly, the school grounds is rising with energy and there will never be a dull second for students at the College of Charleston. Concentrate on Abroad USA is improving and remunerating for your future. The energetic grounds likewise houses various

Best MBA Online Colleges in the USA

“Opportunities never open, instead we create them for us”. Beginning with this amazing saying, let’s unbox today’s knowledge. Love Business and marketing? Want to make a high-paid career in business administration? Well, if yes, then mate, we have got you something amazing to do!   We all imagine an effortless future with a cozy house and a laptop. Well, well! You can make this happen. Today, with this guide, we will be exploring some of the top-notch online MBA universities and institutes in the USA. Let’s get started! Why learn Online MBA from the USA? Access to More Options This online era has given a second chance to children who want to reflect on their careers while managing their hectic schedules. In this, the internet has played a very crucial in rejuvenating schools, institutes, and colleges to give the best education to students across the globe. Graduating with Less Debt Regular classes from high reputed institutes often charge heavy tuition fees. However onl

Sickening moment maskless 'Karen' COUGHS in the face of grocery store customer, then claims she doesn't have to wear a mask because she 'isn't sick'

A woman was captured on camera following a customer through a supermarket as she coughs on her after claiming she does not need a mask because she is not sick.  Video of the incident, which has garnered hundreds of thousands of views on Twitter alone, allegedly took place in a Su per Saver in Lincoln, Nebraska according to Twitter user @davenewworld_2. In it, an unidentified woman was captured dramatically coughing as she smiles saying 'Excuse me! I'm coming through' in the direction of the customer recording her. Scroll down for video An unidentified woman was captured dramatically coughing as she smiles saying 'Excuse me! I'm coming through' in the direction of a woman recording her A woman was captured on camera following a customer as she coughs on her in a supermarket without a mask on claiming she does not need one because she is not sick @chaiteabugz #karen #covid #karens #karensgonewild #karensalert #masks we were just wearing a mask at the store. ¿ o