Skip to main content

EXCLUSIVE: Rylan Clark-Neal's step-son Cameron 'has no interest' in his glitzy career... and insists LAMDA 'had no idea' they were family when the aspiring actor was accepted there

Rylan Clark-Neal shared his pride for step-son Cameron a few weeks ago on Instagram, after the aspiring actor was accepted to prestigious drama school LAMDA.

The It Takes Two host, 31, typically keeps his private life away from the limelight, but broke this trend in July when Cameron, 20, got into the acting academy.

Rylan told MailOnline why he wanted to post about it - and insisted LAMDA didn't know that Cameron and he were family. 

Proud papa: Rylan Clark-Neal has told MailOnline why he wanted to post about step-son Cameron getting into LAMDA  - and revealed they didn't know that Cameron and he were family

Proud papa: Rylan Clark-Neal has told MailOnline why he wanted to post about step-son Cameron getting into LAMDA  - and revealed they didn't know that Cameron and he were family

'I don’t share my private life or post about stuff at home,' Rylan told us. 'But I am proud of him so I wanted to post.

'And by the way, LAMDA had no idea I was his step-dad! It was nothing to do with me! Cameron got in entirely on his own merit. He worked so hard and it paid off.

'All I'm involved in is the dad side of things. Like "where are you going to live and how much is this going to cost me?"'

Rylan also pointed out that Cameron 'isn't fazed' by his step-dad's career.

Rylan said: 'By the way, LAMDA had no idea I was his step-dad! It was nothing to do with me! Cameron got in entirely on his own merit. He worked so hard and it paid off'

Rylan said: 'By the way, LAMDA had no idea I was his step-dad! It was nothing to do with me! Cameron got in entirely on his own merit. He worked so hard and it paid off'

He met Cameron's father Dan after the latter was a contestant in a civilian series of Big Brother - for which Rylan was the host of sister show Bit On The Side.

They eventually married, with Rylan becoming a step-father as a result.

'Cameron takes the least interest in my career than anyone really,' Rylan went on. 'He is just not fazed. He meets famous people I know and he's just like, "hello!"'

'He is a really good actor. He did it in college and, anyone that has a 20-year-old will know, it can either go one way or the other. 

'Cameron auditioned, and put his head down. He was rehearsing every f**king day! I would hear it over and over. I could recite his audition piece word for word by the end of it.

Family: He met Cameron's father Dan after the latter was a contestant in a civilian series of Big Brother - for which Rylan was the host of sister show Bit On The Side

Family: He met Cameron's father Dan after the latter was a contestant in a civilian series of Big Brother - for which Rylan was the host of sister show Bit On The Side 

'Then on the day people were finding out, my friend Lucy Alexander's kid got in. And I was all, "God, Cameron's not in yet!" I was praying. He worked so hard for it!'

But all's well that ended well, with Rylan gushing over Cameron in July, sharing a snap of them both as they celebrated his success with a drink.

Alongside the photo, he wrote: 'Well I’m a proud one tonight. Our boy has been accepted to LAMDA !!! Completely overjoyed and so proud well done @cam.neal xxxxx'.

Rylan and Dan, 40, got engaged in September 2014 and married in November 2015 with stars including Eamon Holmes and Ruth Langsford, Amy Childs, Katie Price and Emma and Matt Willis in attendance.

In 2017, Cameron threw his support behind his dads by posing with them in a 'Come Out For LGBT' T-shirt for a pride campaign. 

Rylan added: 'All I'm involved in is the dad side of things. Like "where are you going to live and how much is this going to cost me?"'

Rylan added: 'All I'm involved in is the dad side of things. Like "where are you going to live and how much is this going to cost me?"'

Dan captioned the snap of the three of them: 'My son stands beside us in support of the #LGBT community. We all have a part to play, so #ComeOutForLGBT with us & @stonewalluk'

Stonewall’s campaign was implemented to encourage both gay and straight people to help make schools, homes and the workplace a safer place for LGBTQ+ people.

Rylan said of Cameron in a past interview: 'I look at him like he’s my own. He can talk to me – I’m Dad, but he can talk to me about sex! I’ll say, "As long as you’re being safe!" If that was Dan, he’d be like, "Stop it, Dad!"'

He also admitted he'd like to have children of his own one day, adding: 'I’m already a step-dad but, of course, I’d like to have kids. Since day one I’ve always wanted kids. I love babies.

'It’s always on the table, it’s just when the time is right. If I did have a baby, I’d be the sort to want a year off just to be a dad. There’s a lot that I’ve got to look at.'

Popular posts from this blog

Study Abroad USA, College of Charleston, Popular Courses, Alumni

Thinking for Study Abroad USA. School of Charleston, the wonderful grounds is situated in the actual middle of a verifiable city - Charleston. Get snatched up by the wonderful and customary engineering, beautiful pathways, or look at the advanced steel and glass building which houses the School of Business. The grounds additionally gives students simple admittance to a few major tech organizations like Amazon's CreateSpace, Google, TwitPic, and so on. The school offers students nearby as well as off-grounds convenience going from completely outfitted home lobbies to memorable homes. It is prepared to offer different types of assistance and facilities like clubs, associations, sporting exercises, support administrations, etc. To put it plainly, the school grounds is rising with energy and there will never be a dull second for students at the College of Charleston. Concentrate on Abroad USA is improving and remunerating for your future. The energetic grounds likewise houses various

Best MBA Online Colleges in the USA

“Opportunities never open, instead we create them for us”. Beginning with this amazing saying, let’s unbox today’s knowledge. Love Business and marketing? Want to make a high-paid career in business administration? Well, if yes, then mate, we have got you something amazing to do!   We all imagine an effortless future with a cozy house and a laptop. Well, well! You can make this happen. Today, with this guide, we will be exploring some of the top-notch online MBA universities and institutes in the USA. Let’s get started! Why learn Online MBA from the USA? Access to More Options This online era has given a second chance to children who want to reflect on their careers while managing their hectic schedules. In this, the internet has played a very crucial in rejuvenating schools, institutes, and colleges to give the best education to students across the globe. Graduating with Less Debt Regular classes from high reputed institutes often charge heavy tuition fees. However onl

Sickening moment maskless 'Karen' COUGHS in the face of grocery store customer, then claims she doesn't have to wear a mask because she 'isn't sick'

A woman was captured on camera following a customer through a supermarket as she coughs on her after claiming she does not need a mask because she is not sick.  Video of the incident, which has garnered hundreds of thousands of views on Twitter alone, allegedly took place in a Su per Saver in Lincoln, Nebraska according to Twitter user @davenewworld_2. In it, an unidentified woman was captured dramatically coughing as she smiles saying 'Excuse me! I'm coming through' in the direction of the customer recording her. Scroll down for video An unidentified woman was captured dramatically coughing as she smiles saying 'Excuse me! I'm coming through' in the direction of a woman recording her A woman was captured on camera following a customer as she coughs on her in a supermarket without a mask on claiming she does not need one because she is not sick @chaiteabugz #karen #covid #karens #karensgonewild #karensalert #masks we were just wearing a mask at the store. ¿ o