Skip to main content

Businesswoman, 22, who use to gorge on McDonald's and KFC every day reveals how she transformed her life by losing 23kg in just five months - without joining a gym

A 22-year-old business owner has shared how she transformed her life in just five months by losing 23kg - without a costly gym membership.

In November 2017, Angel Bowyer, from Sydney, weighed 73kg but was motivated to lose weight by a friend who used to be a personal trainer.

The Instagram influencer, who confessed she used to gorge herself on McDonald's an KFC nearly every day, shed the weight over five short months by working out in the backyard or at the park.

'I started incorporating a lot of high intensity interval training sessions into my week, as well as some strength training and started eating well,' Angel told FEMAIL.

'I did four HIIT workouts and three strength sessions each week without even being signed up to a gym - I was too shy to join!' 

By April 2018, she tipped the scales at 50kg and reached her goal of fitting into a size six.

Angel Bowyer (pictured) has shared how she transformed her life within five months by losing 23 kilograms, changing her hairstyle and learning how to apply makeup

Angel Bowyer  has shared how she transformed her life within five months by losing 23 kilograms, changing her hairstyle and learning how to apply makeup

In November 2017 Angel, from Sydney, weighed 73 kilograms but was motivated to lose weight by a friend who was previously a personal trainer

In November 2017 Angel, from Sydney, weighed 73 kilograms but was motivated to lose weight by a friend who was previously a personal trainer

'Within the first month I saw drastic results and that only motivated me to work harder and educate myself more about health and fitness,' she said.

'I then started reading 'Beach Fit' by Kim Beach, which explained a lot about workout routines, why specific things are important and dieting examples.

'HIIT changed my life - the high intensity workouts became super addictive, I love to sweat and they sure do make you look like you've just come back from the pools.'

This type of training style often involves multiple body-weight or light weight exercise combined with short rest times. 

Angel said when others asked how she lost the weight so quickly she would always respond with 'HIIT, protein and salad'.  

Throughout her weight loss journey, she shed the weight without stepping foot in a gym and instead worked out in the backyard or at the park

Throughout her weight loss journey, she shed the weight without stepping foot in a gym and instead worked out in the backyard or at the park 

'Within the first month I saw drastic results and that only motivated me to work harder and educate myself more about health and fitness,' she said

'Within the first month I saw drastic results and that only motivated me to work harder and educate myself more about health and fitness,' she said

'HIIT changed my life - the high intensity quick workouts became super addictive, I love to sweat and they sure do make you look like you've just come back from the pools,' she said

'HIIT changed my life - the high intensity quick workouts became super addictive, I love to sweat and they sure do make you look like you've just come back from the pools,' she said

Prior to committing to a new lifestyle and fitness routine, Angel admitted she would eat fatty foods, including KFC and McDonald's, almost every day.

'I ate out a lot and that caused me to gain weight so quickly! I still have the occasional fast food feast but I try to maintain a healthy diet during the week,' she said.

Angel changed her diet by eating delicious fresh fruit, vegetables, salads and high amounts of protein to build strength. 

While committing to exercising regularly was difficult at times, Angel said the 'biggest challenge of all' was learning how to apply makeup well and changing her look

While committing to exercising regularly was difficult at times, Angel said the 'biggest challenge of all' was learning how to apply makeup well and changing her look

Angel taught herself how to apply all aspects of makeup by watching YouTube tutorials online, but is still currently learning how to perfect eyeliner

Angel taught herself how to apply all aspects of makeup by watching YouTube tutorials online, but is still currently learning how to perfect eyeliner

ANGEL'S GO-TO 20-MINUTE HIIT WORKOUT

20 seconds on / 10 seconds off for three rounds

• Jump Squats + Squats

• Mountain Climbers + Push Ups 

• Ice Skaters + Lunges 

• High Jumps + Sit Ups

• High Knees + Russian Twists 

'This is the best if you're on a tight schedule, the workout takes less than 20 minutes, gets your heart rate going and continues to burn fat throughout the day!' Angel said 

While committing to exercising regularly was difficult at times, Angel said the 'biggest challenge of all' was learning how to apply makeup well and changing her look.

She taught herself how to apply makeup by watching YouTube tutorials online, but she's still currently learning how to perfect eyeliner.

'I dyed my hair to ash blonde early last year and I would have to say that it gave me a huge confidence boost! I absolutely love Ariana Grande and get a lot of my inspiration from her,' she said.

'I also often learn new trendy hairstyles from TikTok or YouTube and try to put my own little spin on them.' 

Prior to committing to a new lifestyle and fitness routine, Angel admitted she would eat fatty foods, including KFC and McDonalds, almost every day

Prior to committing to a new lifestyle and fitness routine, Angel admitted she would eat fatty foods, including KFC and McDonalds, almost every day

Angel's current diet consists of delicious fresh fruit, vegetables, salads and high amounts of protein

Angel's current diet consists of delicious fresh fruit, vegetables, salads and high amounts of protein

ANGELS 'DAY ON A PLATE'

Breakfast: Protein shake with peanut butter and frozen banana

Lunch: any type of protein with a salad – usually tuna or chicken salad

Dinner: any type of protein with vegetables – often pork or beef with roasted vegetables

Since reaching her goal weight of 50kg and fitting into a size six, Angel's life has changed 'drastically' in a variety of ways.

'In all aspects, both mentally and physically, I feel like I am super motivated when I see results in what I've achieved and it really boosts mental health,' she said.

'My days consist of being active compared to when I was always stuck on my laptop watching Netflix.

'I have always been into fashion since I was younger as well and being overweight though really pushed me into wearing mostly oversized and baggy clothes - I didn't mind It but I am now so comfortable with my body,' she said.

After transforming her look and lifestyle, she gained the confidence to join a gym in March 2019 to maintain her toned physique and gain strength. 

Since reaching her goal weight of 50 kilograms and fitting into a size six, Angel's life has changed 'drastically' in a variety of ways'In all aspects, mentally and physically mostly, I feel like I am super motivated when I see results in what I've achieved and it really boosts mental health,' she said

Since reaching her goal weight of 50 kilograms and fitting into a size six, Angel's life has changed 'drastically' in a variety of ways both physically and mentally 

With her 100,000 Instagram followers, Angel hopes her weight loss journey can inspire other young people to exercise and lose weight if needed.

But on the other end of the spectrum, she also hopes women aren't too concerned with their body image if they happen to put on a little bit of weight.

'I always preach that the scales don't matter! When I first started weight training at the gym I gained five kilos within a month and I was so confused and upset, I felt like I was going backwards, but I slowly realised that muscle weight is a thing,' she said.

'I try now to base off how I look, and not the numbers on the scale. I'm currently 57kg but super happy with the way I'm looking.' 

Angel is very proud of what she has achieved and is 'absolutely ecstatic' about reaching a six-digit social media following, as she is able to promote a healthy lifestyle to others online. 

With her 100,000 Instagram followers, Angel hopes her weight loss journey can inspire other young people to exercise and lose weight if needed too

With her 100,000 Instagram followers, Angel hopes her weight loss journey can inspire other young people to exercise and lose weight if needed too

When asked what advice she would give to others wanting to lose weight, Angel said to 'not be too strict' with yourself all the time as this could make you lose motivation. 

'I feel like if you're too hard on yourself, there is a bigger chance that you will fail and be discouraged,' she said. 

'If you feel like eating some of that cake, have a few bites! It won't hurt and you will save yourself from going nuts later.' 

Popular posts from this blog

Study Abroad USA, College of Charleston, Popular Courses, Alumni

Thinking for Study Abroad USA. School of Charleston, the wonderful grounds is situated in the actual middle of a verifiable city - Charleston. Get snatched up by the wonderful and customary engineering, beautiful pathways, or look at the advanced steel and glass building which houses the School of Business. The grounds additionally gives students simple admittance to a few major tech organizations like Amazon's CreateSpace, Google, TwitPic, and so on. The school offers students nearby as well as off-grounds convenience going from completely outfitted home lobbies to memorable homes. It is prepared to offer different types of assistance and facilities like clubs, associations, sporting exercises, support administrations, etc. To put it plainly, the school grounds is rising with energy and there will never be a dull second for students at the College of Charleston. Concentrate on Abroad USA is improving and remunerating for your future. The energetic grounds likewise houses various

Best MBA Online Colleges in the USA

“Opportunities never open, instead we create them for us”. Beginning with this amazing saying, let’s unbox today’s knowledge. Love Business and marketing? Want to make a high-paid career in business administration? Well, if yes, then mate, we have got you something amazing to do!   We all imagine an effortless future with a cozy house and a laptop. Well, well! You can make this happen. Today, with this guide, we will be exploring some of the top-notch online MBA universities and institutes in the USA. Let’s get started! Why learn Online MBA from the USA? Access to More Options This online era has given a second chance to children who want to reflect on their careers while managing their hectic schedules. In this, the internet has played a very crucial in rejuvenating schools, institutes, and colleges to give the best education to students across the globe. Graduating with Less Debt Regular classes from high reputed institutes often charge heavy tuition fees. However onl

Sickening moment maskless 'Karen' COUGHS in the face of grocery store customer, then claims she doesn't have to wear a mask because she 'isn't sick'

A woman was captured on camera following a customer through a supermarket as she coughs on her after claiming she does not need a mask because she is not sick.  Video of the incident, which has garnered hundreds of thousands of views on Twitter alone, allegedly took place in a Su per Saver in Lincoln, Nebraska according to Twitter user @davenewworld_2. In it, an unidentified woman was captured dramatically coughing as she smiles saying 'Excuse me! I'm coming through' in the direction of the customer recording her. Scroll down for video An unidentified woman was captured dramatically coughing as she smiles saying 'Excuse me! I'm coming through' in the direction of a woman recording her A woman was captured on camera following a customer as she coughs on her in a supermarket without a mask on claiming she does not need one because she is not sick @chaiteabugz #karen #covid #karens #karensgonewild #karensalert #masks we were just wearing a mask at the store. ¿ o